Monday, January 30, 2012

NYT + Houndstooth = Me

Two weeks ago I was talking to my mother about how I wondered whether my pink and purple houndstooth coat from Boden had been a mistake to buy.  Not because I don't love the coat, but because I don't wear it all that much.  Then last week the New York Times street style pictures theme was houndstooth and I decided to submit my coat and see if my coat and I could be the best of street style for a week.  And we were! (We being my coat and I).
Here's the link to my slide in the slide show.  I am super proud to have been selected!
I decided to go with an outfit that I wore to a friends wedding in November.  The pictures of the original outfit were really rushed so I decided to retake them since getting into the slide show was my goal and I had no idea how competitive it was (I still don't).  When I showed my dad the picture he goes "they cut off your head," at which point I explained that I cut off my own head because of my tripod placement.  I am grateful that the NYT didn't hold it against me!  The thing I noticed most about my outfit amidst the other awesome examples of houndstooth is that mine is the brightest actual houndstooth.  Lots of people had really cool garments, but they tended to be in the black/white/gray family accented with colors in other parts of the outfit.  I am glad that my pink and purple was there to represent!

This week the submission is for socks!  Click here for details and break out your best socks!  I have faith that if I can make it into the pages of the NYT (albeit virtually) so can you!

Oh, and in case you care, the dress and coat are Boden and the shoes are my faithful Seychelles.

No comments:

Post a Comment