Thursday, November 3, 2011

Days of Patterned Dresses

 Apologies for the lack of posting yesterday, I came home from work and promptly went to sleep!  It wasn't that it was all that late, I was just plain tuckered out! 
 Yesterday, like today, I wore a patterned dress to work.  I actually had a different outfit planned for the day, but I didn't like how it turned out so I went for this dress which I haven't worn for a while.  Since I was wearing it with opaque black tights I actually wore it with heels - for the first time ever.  Because the dress is so short I have only worn it with flats before.  But I have actually really wanted to wear this shoes with tights for a while, so it was a perfect opportunity.  I really liked how the outfit came together!

Dress: BR, $22 Cardigan: Halogen via Nordstrom, gifted  Tights: BR, $5  Shoes: Seychelles, $60 Belt: BR, $40

Today I broke out another patterned dress, but this outfit took a lot of help from my marm.  I couldn't figure out sweater to wear over it, and then I discovered this ombre one in my marm's closet!! I love how the pattern of the dress and the colors of the sweater go together.  Once I had the dress and the cardigan combo all I needed was the belt!  The one I had in mind didn't work, but my marm broke out the big guns and loaned me this vintage beauty! I had no idea this is where the outfit was going when I started off this morning but it was great all day!

Dress: Rodarte for Target, $35  Cardigan and Belt: Borrowed from marm (Cardigan from the Gap)   Shoes: Franco Sarto, gifted from my Coolest A


No comments:

Post a Comment