Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding - Part VII, A Wedding Ceremony and Banquet


 This weekend I attended a friends wedding, and as it was an Asian wedding, there was a banquet following the ceremony.  This dress was actually not my first choice, but my first choice was a dark red dress, and red is a color that is reserved for the bride at Asian weddings.  So I fell back on my easy purple dress which was perfect for the event.
 It was actually really cold this weekend, so I covered up my sleeveless dress with a borrowed silver sweater from my marm that just happened to match my silver shoes.  I took off the sweater at the banquet as it was a 300 person wedding and it was plenty warm.
 I really liked how simple but flatering this dress is.  I didn't know the bride and groom too terribly well, so I went for a very toned down and traditional dress!  To keep it dress I broke out my good amber jewelery that I have been collecting for years.
 To stave off the cold weather I also broke out my Boden pink and puple houndstooth coat.  The dress and coat went perfectly together, which is hardly surprising considering they are both from Boden!  I am SO addicted!  The wedding was beautiful and I had so much fun (and I don't just mean because I got to play dress up!)
 Dress: Boden, $50  Shoes: Cole Haan via Nordstrom's Rack, gift from my daddio  Sweater: Ellen Tracy, borrowed from my marm  Coat: Boden, $85  Jewelery: Gifted!


No comments:

Post a Comment