Monday, March 28, 2011

Can I Wear That, Really?

Welcome to a new segment of the blog. As said in a previous blog many fashion magazines and blogs have spreads or posts related to difficult items that can be work in many different ways. Instead of hiding behind what is commonly worn a person can pull something crazy out of their closet and wear it on their day to day travels, to work, or to a night out.

This is my first try to bear with me!

Today's item is .... a pleather short-sleeve top from H&M (found on sale for $10) Now when I think of pleather I think of these disgusting brown pleather bell-bottom pants with be-dazzles on the side that I had in junior high. Yes that is right my friend I was in fashion purgatory then (but it was junior high, who wasn't?). But despite pleather's its inability to breath as a fabric it can also be worn in many different ways such as below....

DAY:


So I will say this, not everyone own red bell-bottom jeans BUT the point of this outfit is that if you belt a volume top and wear something slimming at the bottom the top begins to look pulled together and a lot more wearable. Any type of skinny or wideleg jean will work for this. You can also leave the top un-cinched and the volume can look interesting that way too.

If you are short like me you will need some sort of heel. In the winter I wear feels like the one's above with funky socks or tights.

Outfit:
Top H&M: $10
Pants H&M: $20
Necklace: given to me by my friend Martha
Shoes: $20 Payless ShoeSource

OFFICE/WORK:

Ah work wear the bane of my existence but wholly necessary. So I kept the top cinched and threw a blazer over it. Not rocket science because almost ANY top can be made professional if you throw a blazer over it (with some exceptions). The pants are a beautiful soft fabric and are wide-legged. Now despite my height I typically wear these pants with flats and I think it gives a casual tone to the outfit. The pink and funky flats are accessories that bring color and detail to the outfit but in a not so flashy way. The purpose of this outfit is to wear the top but not let it be the absolute focal point.

Outfit: Blazer H&M: $15
Pants Urban Outfitters: $10, hemmed for another $10
Pin: given to me by my friend Claire
Shoes: Payless: 29.99

PLAY:


Party clothing, I love this stuff. When the weather gets warmer this outfit could actually be worn day or night BUT the high waist shorts and pleather top go well together. Add some other and sparkly jewelry with a pair of heels and you are set for a night out!

Outfit: Shorts H&M: $29.99
Shoes H&M: $20
Necklace Aldo Accessories: $5

I hope this segment has been helpful! So go out there and try something crazy, it may just be wearable for work, day, or night. SO can you wear it, really? The answer is YES!

2 comments:

  1. Vava-vooom. Looking hot and snazzy my friend. Are you sure that is really pleather!I would totally rock that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah it is pleather and VERY uncomfortable, you cannot breath in it to save your life!

    ReplyDelete