Wednesday, March 23, 2011

HB's Wednesday Workwear in her Work Place




Its been raining here in San Francisco, and I realized this morning as I got on the bus my outfit is all ocean colors: green, gray, and blue.

I do yoga on Wednesday nights, so I decided to try to take my pictures today in my cubicle since I wouldn't be able to come home and take them after work like I usually do. Unfortunately I forgot about the flourescent lighting. And although I have many shelves in my cubicle, I still had to work on finding an angle that I liked! See my expression below!



Unfortunately, I liked this outfit more in theory then in practice. I don't think it looks bad per se, but when I took the photographs I definitely thought its not as good as I thought it could be.






I love this sweater. You can't tell so much in these pictures, but this is a really flattering green on me. It makes my hair and skin glow. Not too shabby for a sweater that cost less then $20 from the gap. I also love this sweater for its neckline. I am always looking for work appropriate wear that is not boring, and the neckline on this sweater is the detail that makes this sweater unusual! Its really soft and organic. One of the more random aspects of this sweater however is that it has a zipper down the back! I'm not sure why, but I'm not opposed.



Finally, because even in my cubicle I couldn't figure out how to get my shoes in a picture with the rest of my look, here were my shoes for the day. I really like the color and low heels on these shoes. I also love the way they look with the gray tights.

Keeping in line with Miss P's post this morning about not wanting to wear pants when she was a child, I used to hate tights. My mom had to wrestle me into them, and then I would wriggle out of them as fast as possible (this happened even before I could walk). Even up until a few years ago I was anti-tights because I hated how they never fit right and were too tight. Truth be told I would still rather not have to wear them. BUT, when its a question of giving up my skirts and dresses or rocking tights with them, the love of not-pants always wins. Its not because I don't like wearing pants, but my work wear is 85% skirts and dresses because then I get to show off my shoes!


Sweater: The Gap
Skirt: Banana Republic
Tights: The Gap
Shoes: Chinese Laundry via Maribel (more on the wonderfulness that is Maribel later).

No comments:

Post a Comment