Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 1: The Challenge


So anyone who knows me knows that I am like a walking rainbow. Give me a color - red, green, eggplant, ash gray, and I will rock it. I take on all color seasons, no matter if it is a fall color scheme or summer. My forte (haha, play on the last name) is in the summer brights. I love shocking, eye-catching colors! I have always been drawn to the electric aspect of colors and how to wear them on a day-to-day basis.

And then I got a job where wearing clothes each day was like a funeral march. That is right... I could only wear black. To me black is the deepest challenge of them all. It is my personal Everest, a mountain I NEVER wanted to climb. I despise the color and when told that my clothes had to, I mean HAD to be black (believe me I asked) my mind blanked. I suddenly felt like I had fallen into a fashion abyss.

However, being the industrious and creative chickadee I am I decided to weasel color in my accessories (tights, belts, jewelry) and make sure the black pieces I had were cool and still reflected my style.

Enclosed are the items I will wear for tomorrow's work day (a 9-6 shift) that will involve running, lifting heavy things, perhaps having coffee, water, spit, baby dribble spill on me. Comfort, easy ability to move, and sassiness are always my key components for work as an Audio Guide Assistant. So check out the clothes!


That is the best full length I could cobble at 11:14pm tonight but it expresses the deep blackness of my outfit as well as how slimming black can be! In the two below pictures are some of the accessories I use to not go insane in black all day.

The necklace is two geodes purchased at the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in NYC. They are $2 each and had small holes through them to string through a cloth belt I had and used as a necklace string. The belt is actually a cummerbund from a consignment store in Jamaica Plain, Boston called Boomerangs for $1. The pin is just an add on FREE from the Harvard Peabody Museum.

The shoes are cheapies from Payless for $29.99. They are comfy and of course black.

So this is my first post so look out for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment