Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday, a day of semi leisure


Because you all know I never really sit back and relax I tend to take "days off" as just "days that I do life things." But today I did enjoy myself at the farmers market, Target, a brunch, and out with my boy. Here is my first weekend outfit sans work!



So today I wore casual wear, meaning more movement oriented shoes, jeans (something I rarely wear) and t-shirts.

Now I own quite a few pairs of jeans but I was the casual friday girl who NEVER wore jeans even though I have skinny, dress jeans, and even red and green jeans! Anyhoo so I wore this very soft blazer with kimono style tie. I am giving a shout out to my lady HB and it is amazing how soft and comfortable it is. I used a different belt than the one it came with and it is one of my favorite sashes. The t-shirt is from Urban Outfitters a few years ago and it can be tricky to wear because of the low v-neck. The pants are also urban from god knows when they are older than I can remember but they are teal skinny jeans, worn in until super buttery soft. Skinny pants have been in style for awhile so SAVE them because they will become soft and easier to wear as well as in style.

The necklace is very dear to my heart. It comes from an organization called Falling Whistle http://www.fallingwhistles.com/ that helps provide support for those in Africa who traditionally were on the front lines of violence and only had a whistle to warn the others before being killed. With a donation you can receive a necklace like that engraved, or not, and show support for the organization as well as wear something that bears larger political and social importance.

Blazer: $20 H&M
Pants: $20 Urban Outfitters
T-Shirt: $25 Urban Outfitters
Belt: from a shirt H&M
Necklace: provided through donation $25

Shoes were too hard to photograph today, but I am sure you will see them again.

I have to say I also had a night outfit for a dinner with my boyfriend but I got too lazy to take more photos, again I am sure you will see those outfits.

BUT I did get a sweet purchase today. I will say it is a men's sweater vest on sale at Forever 21. You may shake your head but it looks great with a belt :)

Happy fashioning PEP

No comments:

Post a Comment