Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HB's Tuesday Office Outfit!


I didn't mean to cut my head off in the top photo, but I'm still working on my camera placement! Someday I hope to be able to get my shoes and head into a photo that shows off my work wear.


To the right is the detail of my Tuesday office outfit.

In the top picture I'm not sure that you can tell that my cardigan is actually dark gray not black. It's from the Gap and when it rung up its official title is actually the bling
shoulder cardigan. Not exactly subtle, but certainly an aptdescription. It is actually a cropped cardigan which makes it ideal to pair with my favorite piece of office attire: the high waisted skirt!

The top is a shell from Talbots that my Marmee gave me for Christmas. Normally I don't think of Talbots as a store with clothes for me as it is not aimed at my age group, but I LOVE the
petal details at the neckline and the color. This top never fails to get commented on when I wear it to the office. However, it must have a tank on it because of the neckline (the shirt has a hook and eye about half way up the V, but it looks awful when I wear it like that). The color is closer to how it appears in the top photo, its washed out in the photo to the left.

I picked the detail to the left because you can see that my skirt has pockets and two small front pleats. A black skirt is an office girls best friend, and one with pockets is her bff. I love that I can put mykey card in the pocket and not worry about getting locked out of the office for the rest of the day. As you can see from the above picture, its also a nice length. The skirt is actually a mini-skirt that I ordered from a company called Boden in long to ensure that I wasn't crossing over into sexy secretary mode.


And last but not least, my shoes for the day. Because my outfit today was pretty conservative with the dark skirt, sweater and tights I decided to wear my leopard heels. I love these shoes! I had been looking to replace my pair of leopard print peep toes which bit the dust about a year and a half ago, and found these at Jeremy's. The pattern is actually mis-matched which makes me love them even more!


Leopard Print Love!



Cardigan: Gap ($18 on sale)
Top: Talbots (yep Talbots)
Skirt: Boden ($50 on sale)
Tights: Banana Republic ($5 on sale, and the best black tights ever!)
Shoes: Deena and Ozzy via Jeremy's ($30)





No comments:

Post a Comment