Thursday, March 31, 2011

Still Cold? Adapting to a Never-Ending Winter
















Looks like the formatting has improved for the blog so I can do a consistent (although less artistic) posts. The weather in New York is just dreary. Not a day to wear open-toe shoes, high-heels etc. With the threat of rain/snow I had to think fast. Luckily I can wear jeans to my office, student job so I threw on a blazer and tada! Classy here I come.

Today I am wearing some of my favorite go-to clothes. I am wearing a very old H&M blazer purchased three years ago when I was looking for jobs. The T-Shirt is actually a Hillary Duff Design for Steve&Berry many years ago. That was back in the day when Sarah Jessica Parker was designing inexpensive clothes for Steve & Berry. The jeans were given to me by a friend, at first a borrow then a gift (thank you Kristine!) Finally the flats in the photo are Liz Clairborne from DSW. I will write about the glories of DSW's sale section in another post but to sum it is one of the BEST places for inexpensive, diverse, and interesting shoes. You spend enough time you will get inexpensive, great shoes.

The sad thing was I had to, at the last minute, switch to sneakers. SO I am actually wearing Puma sneakers from high school. Accessories are from various areas. The pins are gifts from different friends. Necklace (white) is a flea market find from the Brooklyn Flea -a great place to browse but not the best in terms of cheap prices. The other necklaces was a semi splurge from my dad when we went on New Hampshire Vacation together.

Outfit:
Blazer: H&M $20
Pants: Gift (Free, Kristine THANKS!)
Shirt: Steve & Berry $5
Flats: DSW $15
Sneakers: Puma $59
Accessories (Pins) Gifts (Free)
Accessories (Necklaces): White (flea market $20, Peace Sign $20)

1 comment:

  1. I remember that Tshirt and I think its super cute! I think you bought it that time we went shopping in the city together with Ren. :-)

    ReplyDelete