Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedsnesday Wear! PEP Style



So today is one of the longest days, from 8am to past 8pm I am not anywhere near my house and have work, class, and then volunteering at the Tenement Museum. Luckily all of these places allow for casual and creative outfits so that is the point and goal for today. Be comfortable and creative!

Back in the day I was not a fan of dresses with pants. My father had to chase me around the house to do it. Function, even as a child, was not my game. However, in my older life I have come to get great joy from a short dress and a sleek pair of pants.

In the first photo (small I know) is me lengthwise with my outfit for the day. I am wearing a recently purchased H&M short sleeved, long blazer in an animal print. The teal/turquoise dress underneath is a good find from Urban two years ago. The black pants are H&M and I have worn for a previous post.

In the accessories department I am wearing some simple but great jewelry. So for the necklace I found this faux pearl necklace with pink beads and strung it with a flea market (The Green Market in the Upper West Side) find pendant. As you can also see I am wearing my signature silly bands, even one that glows in the dark! Finally I am wearing a brooch that was given to me by a very wonderful friend/former roommate Ashley as an accent to the belted dress.

This outfit will travel from an office, to the American Museum of Natural History to the Tenement Museum after hours Tenement Talks, wish it (and me) luck!

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress and the overall look patty mayonaise!

    ReplyDelete