Thursday, March 24, 2011

HB's Torrential Thursday!


Today the rains in San Francisco were crazy! But the storm was predicted, and I planned my outfit based around my yellow Frye boots.

However, since my Frye boots are a little rugged for my downtown San Francisco office building I built a more conservative outfit around them. (In case you are wondering my boots are pictured here with my friend John's shoes, which are from Banana Republic!) These boots are incredibly comfortable, albeit not the most conventional color. But I think the color is why I got them on sale! Frye boots are the best in my book, but they are not cheap. However, sometimes you can find them in thrift stores. (My roommate did once and I was extremely jealous!)


Because of the boots unusual color, I decided to wear a brown skirt to work today with a red sweater, and an orange skinny belt. I kept the whole outfit in the redish family to try to tie the whole thing together. I decided to spruce up my otherwise my conservative outfit with a scarf brought to me by a good friend of mine from Egypt.


Skirt and Sweater: Banana Republic
Belt: J. Crew, from my marmee's closet.
Boots: Frye
Scarf: gift from Egypt


Special thanks to the lovely Miss Nut for taking the pictures and getting both my head and shoes in the shot!

1 comment:

  1. Wow it also rained here today (snowed slightly too) and I wore yellow! We are on similar wavelengths <3

    ReplyDelete