Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Patty Find: Georges


Jamaica Plain in Boston, Massachusetts has a lot of amazing coffee shops, vintage and consignment shoe stores, parks, and ponds but it also has a not so hidden gem in the middle of Centre Street - Georges Shoe Store.

Everyone has a place wear they buy amazing shoes and this place is mine, and I consider it the best. Everything from Poetic License to other international and national rare brands are stocked there as well as some of the most interesting and inexpensive shoes you will encounter.

I just purchased an amazing pair of sequined snakeskin with patent leather cutout flats for $15 dollars. The prices range from the $15 price mark to the $80s. The average price is $29.99. They also have frequent sales and sell jewelry, clothes, and handbags for equally cheap prices.

What is also great about this particular store is that shoes are stacked high and the people who work there know shoes and are awesome to talk to.

Some come down to Georges or check them out online. They are a local and home-grown family business in Jamaica Plain for several decades - http://www.bentonshoeco.com/georges-shoe-store

1 comment:

  1. I never got to go here when I lived in JP with you because I never had any money. Now that I finally have some money, I hope that I can make it out to this store someday :)

    ReplyDelete