Friday, March 25, 2011

Fridays!!

I love Fridays! It is the one day of the week where I only have internship from 12-5 and then I am free to wander the city or my room and relax (maybe do some work reading, lame I know).

So tonight I am seeing a friend at Little Cheese Pub for snacks, cheese, and drinks. I am elated but I know I have to dress "business casual" as well as for fun. Now business casual to me or business anything is a semi hassle. As an office worker pre-graduate school I had a good handle on it, but always alongside my own style. I would wear a pencil skirt or pants but they would be red, green, purple, etc. So now as an intern, office worker, student, club member I tend to lose a little of the professional balance for clothes that make me feel happy and myself. At the end of 10+ hours running around the least you can feel is good in your skin, clothes, and comfortable as well!

So today I have a mixture of basic and not so basic items.

The shirt is petit bateau from my friend Martha (thanks for all the amazing stuff!). The sweater is from Urban Outfitters from a year ago. My bling'n vest is from H&M a year ago. The pants I am really proud of because they were 75% off at the GAP so I got them for only $17 dollars. There are questions of whether they are think leggings or pants I call them "peggings" or pant leggings, I hope to patent that one day :).

The shoes are also a spring purchase from H&M. My accessories are also a highlight today. The necklaces and bracelets come from various places and some really great friends. The chain necklace is from a jewelery bazaar I went to with my dear friend Susannah. It was on sale because it was a special house sale two Christmases ago. The long necklace is a flea market find when I lived near Rhinebeck, NY studying at Bard College. The snake bracelet is a purchase from Urban Outfitters for $20. The silver simple bracelet is actually made of reused metal from bomb casings and it was given to me by my roommate's dad! Finally the last bracelet is a gift from non other our HB! It was many years ago and I still wear it so THANKS HB!!

(Pardon this pose, I will label this post PG13)

T-Shirt: FREE
Sweater: $20
Vest: $29.99
Necklaces: $20
Pants (super steal): $17
Socks: clueless of the price, given to me
Bracelets: $20 for snake, free for rest
Shoes: $20

That is all for now, I hope this blog is interesting to the various people who are looking at it. ALSO watch for CAN I WEAR THAT, REALLY? this weekend!

<3 PEP

No comments:

Post a Comment