Friday, March 25, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding - Part 1, The Bridal Shower

The letter M is for March, but its also for Marriage! At least for me it is. Two of my closest friends are getting married this month. Which meant lots of wedding related clothes for me this month. The clothes were actually a challenge because I had four different events to dress for:

(1) A bridal shower (Miss A);

(2) A rehearsal dinner (Miss E);

(3) The wedding w
here I was Miss E's Maid of Honor (I got to pick the bridesmaids dresses); and

(4) A wedding reception the day after the family only ceremony (Miss A).


First up, The Bridal Shower for the lovely and fashionable Miss A.

Initially I planned on wearing one of my many dresses to the shower, but as soon as I put this skirt on, I knew it was the one.

Whenever I am going to an event thrown for a specific person and specific occasion I try to tailor my look around that person and the event. Luckily Miss A, her family and friends are all very fashionable so the outfit was much appreciated. Had it not been Miss A, I likely would not have worn such a bold outfit to generally conservative bridal shower.

I love this skirt. I have loved it ever since I first saw it at Anthropologie when it was $200, luckily several months later I bought the last one for $20 (this is the magic of the Anthropologie sale rack). I did have it altered to get it to fit just the way I wanted though! Still, I love the material and the detailing on this skirt. As well as the fact that it is high waisted but not too short.

To balance out a skirt this spangly, I wore it with a long sleaved black shirt that my bestie Stormy Normy gave me, and black peep toes that I borrowed from my Marmee. The shower was at a country club and I wanted to still look appropriate and fashionable.

Below is a shot of my shoes. I tried on lots of different pairs to get ones that worked with the skirt. (not as easy as it sounds because the skirt makes such a bold statement on its own). Luckily my Marmee is willing to share.



Skirt: Anthropologie, $20 (the alterations cost about $10)
Shirt: the Gap, a gift
Shoes: My Marmee's closet



No comments:

Post a Comment