Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Warming Up Wednesday!

After two weeks of rain, it is finally sunny in San Francisco. And not only sunny, but in the 70s! Here in the Bay Area, we call that perfect. Even more perfect, I got to spend my lunch hour drinking coffee and hanging out with my bestie Stormy Normy. This picture was taken in front of City Hall in San Francisco.

I love this dress! I found it on the sale rack at Banana Republic on a shopping expedition with my friend NUT for only $20. It is a silk dress and I like that it can be dressed up or down. I also really like the subtle lace print and the fact that it is black and brown so it can be worn with a cardigan that is black or brown (when it is being worn as day wear).


Usually I think of it as more of a cocktail evening dress, but today I gave it a work twist. (I have to give credit where credit is due, somebody else on my floor at work wore it one day and I thought I should try that!)

I tried to tone down its cocktail dress vibe with a brown (cashmere) cardigan from J. Crew and flats. I think this dress is definitely too short to be worn with heels in a work setting. Because of the conservative colors of the dress and cardigan I decided to rock some of my favorite flats: my red Marc Jacobs flats that I got at Maribel 4 years ago. Also, I could resist wearing my green belt though. A black one just wasn't the same.





Dress: Banana Republic, $20
Cardigan: J. Crew via Maribel, $40 (its Cashmere)
Belt: Jeremy's, $20
Flats: Marc Jacobs via Maribel, $100


Special thanks to Stormy Normy for taking pictures so you can see both my head and my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment