Monday, March 21, 2011

HB's Workwear Monday

Please pardon the silliness of my pose, I had to stand on my bed to get a good angle on my shirt dress that I wore to work today.

I got this shirt dress on sale at the Gap and it is one of my favorite easy outfits for work. The only downside is that it is a little short for work. Luckily it is pretty covered everywhere else. To combat the mid-thigh length, I always wear it with opaque tights and flats. (See my legs to the right).

Because it is a shirt dress, I also try to dress it up to make it more office appropriate with a nice belt and usually a scarf. I like that it is not black but rather dark purple because it allows me to still wear color, but not so much that I can't play with my accessories at work. I think scarves are one of the best accessories because they keep you warm and allow you to highlight different parts of your outfit by picking up an accent color. This outfit is really all about the scarf in fact.

The only thing that really bugs me about this dress is that it wrinkles so badly. Its just a cotton dress, so after about an hour of sitting at my desk the skirt is totally wrinkled. Hopefully the dark color doesn't make it too obvious.

Below is a close up of the dress, scarf, belt combo.




Dress: the Gap
Belt: J. Crew
Shoes: Anthropologie
Scarf: Street Vendor in Prague.


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete