Monday, March 28, 2011

My Mother's Closet Monday



As the title of my post suggest, these are in fact not my clothes. I ended up spending last night at my parents house in the East Bay instead of coming home to my apartment like I had planned, so I had to borrow clothes from my marmee. Luckily I can fit into my mother's clothes. However, even though I think this is perfectly fine outfit, its more conservative then I would normally chose. I do like the pieces together, but it is the ultra-traditional black on black workwear that I usually try to stay away from. However, overall I still liked this outfit, even though it isn't as funky as I would normally put together.


What I do like about this outfit is the vintage feel of the fuller skirt and the tucked in collared shirt. I don't like the way collared shirts come untucked from skirts or the way they usually wrinkle throughout the day. But I actually really like this one, it has enough stretch that it doesn't wrinkle and its long enough that it didn't come untucked. Perhaps I should give collared shirts another shot.

Below is a close up of my outfit so you can see the detail on the shirt and the skirt. Even though both the pieces are really basic, I think the detailing on them makes them sing. The skirt has really fun pleats. The top also has cool white stitching which I think makes it a really interesting pattern without being too overwhelming.



Because I was at my parents house and not my apartment, my shoe choice
was also limited. That being said, I love these flats. I bought them in Australia and one of my favorite things about them is the fact that they are nude and can be worn with anything. Clothing in Australia was REALLY expensive, but I splurged on these flats because I felt like I would get a lot of mileage out of them. Again, I liked the vintage feel of the ballet flats with the volume of the skirt.




Shirt: Anne Taylor, my mother's
Skirt: Banana Republic, my mother's
Shoes: Country Road, $55 AUS

Happy Sunny Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment