Friday, March 25, 2011

Kimono Casual Friday with HB



After several unsuccessful attempts to capture my casual Friday outfit, I finally broke down and used the mirror. The upside, you can actually see the entire outfit from the top of my curly head to my shiny flats. This is what I call my I give up pose.

I bought this kimono style top at my favorite consignment store, Maribel, two weeks ago. I'll definitely tell you more
about Maribel later!

Its from the brand Elvenses, which I usually associate with Anthropologie. I must admit I ponied up $55 for it because it is such a cool piece, and I told myself I would wear it to the office. One of the things I really like about it, other then the mash up of patterns and the shape, is that it can be worn as a shirt like I did today or as a jacket when the weather gets warmer.

Because of the cut, you have to wear something under this top. I chose a dark purple scoop neck t-shirt that I got at the Gap several years ago. I love the color and its neutral enough that it goes with everything. The back shows the great patterns!



On the back more then the front you can really see the fantastic patterns that were mixed and matched in this top.


Finally, because it is me, here is a shot of some of my favorite flats. They are from Jeffry Campbell and although initially I questioned whether I should spend $45 on flats, I have never regretted it since. They are super comfortable and give every outfit a little metallic pick me up.

Kimono Top: Elevenses (via Maribel), $55
Shirt: the Gap, $7
Jeans: the Gap, $35
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, $45

No comments:

Post a Comment