Thursday, October 6, 2011

Waiting


This is the only picture where you can see that my tights are actually a deep green!  And even then its not quite the real green of these tights!
 Ever since I bought this dress on the sale rack at Maribel I have been waiting to wear it with some of my colored tights.  The tights not only give the black and white dress some much needed color, but allow me to cover my legs and wear this shorty short dress with heels (something that cannot be done bare legged to the office!)  Today I actually overslept and threw this outfit together in a rush to get out the door  . . .  and into the rainy morning.  Even though it was put together quickly, I love this outfit.  I really like the dark blue sweater and the dark green tights with the light shoes and dress.  I think this outfit really lets the pattern of the dress stand out, but is not too overwhelming!  I ended up wearing my uncomfortable shoes again because they were still out from the other day and I had been talking with my marm and genius cousin about how beautiful they are, even if they do hurt.  I really liked them with this outfit.  And they even hurt less with tights!  PLUS, they got tons of compliments.  Sometimes beauty is pain, and its worth it!  Plus I wore my less fashionable clogs to combat the rain, so I didn't have to go very far in them!

Dress: BR via Maribel, $10   Tights: Bought in Spain several years ago  Sweater: The Gap, borrowed from my marm  Shoes: BR, gifted from Miss DB

No comments:

Post a Comment