Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Work, Study, Social Tuesday

Hello!

Today is a slightly hectic day but less so due to the fact that there is no class today. I have work so I wanted to look nice and wear something that was given to me (in complete surprise) and it is really interesting, comfortable, and work appropriate.

Today I am wearing a gifted thrift store dress paired with a new necklace from Modcloth, a cloth belt, and a white sailor inspired cardigan. I love the dress for several reasons: The collar is dramatic and lends to people being drawn to my neck, which is also why I chose my large pendant necklace, the color and cut are perfect for work, and it feels great to wear. For accessories I also have my Sprout watch and Payless wedges. It looks a bit threatening outside so we will see how all these items hold up!

Tip of the Day: Wear a piece with a dramatic aspect to it. If the overall outfit is more subdued that dramatic section (like the collar on this dress) will lend some drama and engagement to the outfit.

Outfit:
Dress: Thrifted, gift ($0)
Belt: From another H&M skirt ($0)
Necklace: Modcloth ($7.99)
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters ($10)
Watch: Sprout ($20)
Shoes: Payless ($20)
Total: $57.99






No comments:

Post a Comment