Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Borrowed Belts

 Funny Faces Monday
This is my contemplative face.


Headless and therefore faceless.
 On Monday I went for what is right now a very trendy look: a cardigan with a skinny belt over it.  I have seen this look pop up at the Gap and J. Crew, and the instant I tried it myself I knew why it is so popular.  I really like the shape it gave me.  In order to stay away from the boring I went for colorful with my purple cardigan and my teal shoes.  I borrowed my mother's double wrap around belt to achieve my look.  So as not to be naked at the office, I put my cardigan over my basic black dress.  I really liked the simple silhouette of this outfit, but also that it was not too muted.
This is my suspicious face.
This is my whaaaaat face?
Dress: Target, $24    Cardigan: Halogen via Nordstrom, gifted from my bro and his fiance    Belt: borrowed from my marm   Shoes: Seychelles via Nordstrom, $55

Fall Tuesday
Its been cold and raining on and off for the last few days, so today I planned my outfit around one of my warmer sweaters.  I bought this sweater years ago off the sale rack at Maribel.  I really like the different patterns and colors of this sweater.  Because this sweater has so much going on, I paired it with all black underneath.  I wore my black J. Crew cords and my gifted Gap shirt from Stormy Normy.  Because this shirt is pretty flowy, I belted it with my marm's orange J. Crew belt.  To give myself some height I wore gray BR heels.  I always convince myself these heels are not as uncomfortable as I remember, but they are!!!  Still I loved the way they looked with this outfit! To combat the rain, I broke out a hat that my friend Nutter Butter made me for my birthday in college.  I love the red color and the floral detailing of this hat.  It even got complimented by a rando on the bus!!!




 Sweater: Maribel, $25   Pants: J. Crew, $40  Shirt: The Gap, gifted from Stormy Normy   Belt: J. Crew, borrowed from my Marm  Shoes: BR, gifted from Miss DB  Hat: Handmade for me by Nutter Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment