Monday, October 17, 2011

Looong Monday

After the shining break of last week and the fabulously relaxing weekend I had there is a slight dread for this week to begin, but with lots to look forward too, including a trip up to Bard College for Alumni Day, I decided to pick up my heels (tehe) abd look good for these looong days.

It is pretty gloomy out so I choose to wear comfy and warm clothing that had some color to them. I started with a hot pink top I got at The Gap and paired it with my striped long sweater and long back vast for a nice layering effect. For bottoms I chose my green slacks and my red Urban Outfitters red wedges. Overall the outfit is clean and pretty simple, but I added some accessory styles and colors to give it a little more kick.

For accessories I chose a beaded necklace given to me years ago with a made necklace from a lovely friend. To add some sparkle I chose another gifted item, a Peacock pin and, of course, my Sprout watch.

Tip of the Day: Simple can be surprising, add some nice details (whether it is pattern, colors, or a funky accessory) and you have people checking you out in the sweater and slacks!

Outfit:
Top: The Gap ($20)
Sweater: Urban Outfitters ($20)
Tank: Necessary Objects ($15)
Pants: H&M ($12)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters, online ($40)
Watch: Sprout ($20)
Necklaces and Pin: Gift ($0)
Total: $117






No comments:

Post a Comment