Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weds and Thursday Library Days

Sometimes I feel like the Library is my second home - I eat there, sleep there, get stressed out there, and of course try to look nice there - all in all it is my book-filled home away from home (sadly).

Today and tomorrow I am couped up there doing a lot of different things BUT I aim to look good doing it! It is always chilly in the Library and it will be cloudy and rainy for the rest of the week so I needed to layer for the next few days.

Today I am wearing my cropped military blazer (with my dad's army pins on the lapel), my polka dotted top and my green zippered pants. For accessories I chose my Sprout watch, my new Modcloth necklace, and some funky rings. Unseen but very useful is my brown Ann Taylor belt keeping my pants us as I around up and down the library stairs! My shoes are the highlight of this outfit because they are NEW but also because they are blue and faux suede. I have always loved this style of mens shoe so I am excited I could buy a pair for myself.

Tip of the Day: Try a mixture of soft and military inspired pieces, you will feel tough but cute at the same time.

Outfit:
Blazer: H&M ($20)
Top: H&M ($12)
Pants: The Gap ($15)
Shoes: Target ($20)
Necklace: Modcloth ($7.99)
Belt: Ann Taylor, via Boomerangs ($5)
Rings: Gifts and Flea Market ($5)
Total: $80+






Thursday!

I wanted to give you all a taste of tomorrow, early (I know, who thought I could time travel). So for Thursday I will be in the library again and then off to the Jewish Museum for an exhibition there so I wanted to look nice but comfortable and what screams comfortable more than a cashmere sweater!

Thursday I am wearing a gifted cashmere sweater from Express belted with an Urban red belt. With it I paired my striped Express skirt that is six years old and my graphic flats from the Christian Sirano collection at Payless. For accessories I chose the belt, my Sprout watch, and the Modcloth necklace.

Tip of the Day: Wear cashmere and it can be affordable. I get mine at flea markets or at consignment for a 1/3rd of the price, you will feel so comfortable and stylish!

Outfit:
Sweater: Gift via friend and Express ($0)
Belt: Urban O ($5)
Skirt: Express ($10)
Shoes: Payless ($20)
Watch: Sprout ($20)
Necklace: Modcloth ($7.99)
Total: $63




No comments:

Post a Comment