Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Difficult

While I was in NYC, the friend that I was staying with wore this top in a different pattern out on Saturday night.  This got me thinking: you should wear yours!  The reason I don't wear this top very much is because its a sleeveless top with an elaborately ruffled neckline on top of a vibrant pattern.  Basically it has a LOT going on so I have trouble figuring out what to wear it with.  That being said it took me a couple of attempts to get it to something I liked today.  But in the end I really liked this outfit.  I paired the silk top with a green cardigan, which is not a color in the top, but I thought went really nicely with the colors in the top.  I belted the top because its kind of boxy otherwise.  I broke out some new black cords that I bought at the J. Crew outlet in NH.  To finish off the outfit I wore my gold heels because these cords are pretty long and to tie in with the top!  In the end I know that I will try to integrate this top more often into my work wear and possibly even going out wear . . . who knows?


Top: J. Crew, gift from my marm   Belt: Borrowed from my marm  Cardigan: August Silk, gifted from my parents  Pants: J. Crew, $40  Shoes: Seychelles via DSW, $30

No comments:

Post a Comment