Monday, October 24, 2011

Friendship

One of the best parts of my trip to the East Coast was getting to see friends.  And one of my college besties and partner in fashion Miss P and I even got to go shopping!!!  These pictures were taken at the Gap near NYU.  Miss P was looking for a dress to wear at a meeting she was attending at our alma mater, Bard and I was simply playing dress up!  Credit for this dress must go to Miss P!  She found it, and then since they had it in my size as well, I had to try it on!  Again, credit to Miss P, she figured out how to wear it and I just copied her  (there are funny ruffle fins down the front that have to be arranged just right so as not to look ridiculous).   I was particularly impressed that this dress looked good on both of us, since Miss P and I have completely different body types and styles, but it did!  Go Gap!
This was my concentration face as I tried to capture the whole dress.  Sort of successful?

 This is how I wore the dress to work today!  I was really excited to break it out and start playing with it.  I love the shape and color of this dress.  Not to mention the pattern.  I paired it basic brown heels because between the pattern and the detailing on the dress I wanted to stay within my office appropriate boundaries!  Even though it is still pretty warm, I threw on a cardigan for my trips to and from work.  At first I thought I needed a darker cardigan to go with this dress, but I really like the color and the shape of my Eileen Fisher cardigan with this dress.  AND, I got tons of compliments on it today at work!  Thanks for the awesome find Miss P!  Me and my wardrobe are lucky to have you!
Its hard to see, but this dress has large pieces of fabric on the front that make up the sleeves and a ruffle detail.  I tuck mine towards the middle and let them overlap - an idea which Miss P came up with first!




Dress: The Gap, $30  Shoes: BR, $35  Cardigan: Eileen Fisher, $40  Miss P as a friend: PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment