Monday, October 31, 2011

Abstract


While I was in NYC, my friend Stems accused me of looking like a J. Crew model in all of my pictures.  This led to a hilarious photo shoot which will be posted soon!  But at the time I thought it was really funny as I think J. Crew clothing is beautiful but too expensive.  However, recently I realized a good part of my closet has become J. Crew.  None of it bought from the J. Crew store at full price, but still there is a lot of J. Crew nonetheless!  This skirt is a Maribel find from this weekend.  I love the fact that its a pencil skirt made from a great patterned fabric.  But when I told my friends about my find I had trouble describing the pattern . . . Abstract flowers?  Water colors?  Even the colors are hard to describe without making it sound awful.  But however you describe it, I loved how it looked today and got lots of compliments on it!  I look forward to playing with it in a more colorful way in the future, but today I went low key with a black top and my bow toe favorites from BR!  Its funny how the landscape of your closet changes over time, but for now, J. Crew is making a comeback!


Skirt: J. Crew via Maribel, $35  Shirt: The Gap, gifted from Stormy Normy  Shoes: BR, $90 (worth it)

No comments:

Post a Comment