Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Humid Work Tuesday




It is sticky here in NYC and as August continues I am dreaming of layers and not sweating through my outfits (bad image right?) Anyhoo despite the heat of the day, I will be in air conditioning at my internship so I decided to do some light layering with two amazing prints, which color palates work well together.

Today I chose my on sale H&M dress and tucked it into a on sale H&M skirt (LOVE H&M sales). I decided to belt it with my Urban ruby red belt to create more length and a defined waist. For accessories I wanted bright colors and fun pieces so I chose some fun rings given to me by friends and family, and my Sprout watch.

My favorite piece is the turquoise necklace, a staple of mine because 1. it does not effect my nickel allergy and 2. it is absolutely gorgeous. Along with the clothes and accessories I chose my easy to walk in jean-style platform peep-toes from Payless.

Tip of the day: If the dress is short enough, tuck it into a skirt to create another way to wear it!

Outfit:
Dress/top: H&M ($10)
Skirt: H&M ($10)
Belt: Urban Outfitters ($10)
Shoes: Payless ($20)
Jewelry: Gifts and Cultural Survival Bazaar ($12)
Watch: Sprout ($20)

No comments:

Post a Comment