Friday, August 5, 2011

Two Navy Days













THURSDAY




The thing about San Francisco is it has no real summer that you can count on. And Thursday it was overcast all day. But luckily I am a lover of cardigans. Thursday I paired my new favorite gray ribbon cardigan with my navy blue pencil skirt. It wasn't until after I took these pictures that I realized that my entire outfit buttoned down the front. Still I liked how the cardigan and the skirt complimented each other. Both are pretty conservative on their own, but have fun embellishments that keep them from being boring.



Cardigan: Boden, $25
Skirt: Anthropologie, $30
Shoes: Preview via Nordstrom's Rack, borrowed from my marm











































One of the reasons I didn't post last night was because I had a date with some orangies from the Jersey Shore. Or at least watch the Jersey Shore as a low key send off for Miss AP who is headed to grad school in DC. This meant that after dinner and some awesome girl time I got to bed late and woke up this morning to another gray morning and work. I ended up dressing more casually then I usually would have. I threw on a shirt that I actually bought my last year of college. It is a Proenza Schuler for target. I not only like its simplicity, but also the contrasting stripe around the neck. It is a little see through, so I put on a teal tank underneath. To add a little more color, I threw on my purple cardigan. I knew, if I wore heels today, I would regret it. Its a natural law that the day you are most tired is the day you are the busiest. I attempted to dress my outfit up a little more with my metallic flats.



Shirt: Proenza Schuler for Target, $18
Tank: The Gap, $7
Cardigan: Halogen via Nordstrom, gift from my bro and his lady
Jeans: The Gap, $22
Shoes: BR, traded from Miss CT
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, Gift from my bro

No comments:

Post a Comment