Sunday, August 14, 2011

Housesitting: Recap!

Since my internet was down last week, prepare for a crazy amount of photos!

WEDNESDAY!

I based this outfit around wearing flat shoes! I was picking up a friend from the airport in the afternoon and then spending the evening catching up so I needed clothing that would be work to play appropriate. At the end of the night when I was taking these pictures I realized two things: (1) My friend and I had been friends since our first week of high school (we were in the same orientation class based on the fact that our last names both begin with a B), and (2) I had also had this skirt since my Freshman year of high school, which I remember because I wore it on my fifteenth birthday! I am glad to still have both of these things in my life. Proof that somethings really do last.


Skirt: Blue Asphalt via Wet Seal, bought for me by my marm in 1999 (before I bought my own clothes)
Shoes: BR, traded from Miss CT
Shirt: The Gap, $7
Cardigan: Nordstrom, gift from my parents!

Kitty: Gordon, the Claw Cat Cutie











THURSDAY!

On Thursday, I knew that I was meeting up with friends for happy hour after work, so I knew that I wanted to wear flats again. This was a perfect excuse to break out my brown J. Crew dress again. This time I paired it with my favorite blue wool cardigan from The Gap and my gold BR flats that I traded with Miss CT for a pair of shoes that did not fit me. These gold flats were the only flats I brought with me to the Casa de Claw, and I chose them because even though they are gold, they are still kind of neutral (yes, it seems like an oxymoron, but theses shoes can be worn to give an outfit a kick or to dress it down depending on what they are paired with). The little Gordini even approved of my outfit!



Dress: J. Crew via Maribel, $35
Cardigan: The Gap, $35
Shoes: BR, traded from Miss CT!

Kitty: Gordon, who like Miss Fiona also matches this dress.







FRIDAY!

On Friday, I went color crazy! I wore my yellow silk shirt from BR, with my teal shoes and skinny cropped cords. These two together are not that outrageous, but then I convinced myself that morning that I hadn't brought the purple cardigan I wanted to wear with this outfit, so I grabbed my orange one and headed for the train. I think I had also initially planned on wearing my flats with this outfit before happy hour got moved from Friday to Thursday. I really liked the combo of these pieces, but I felt like it might have been a little over the top for the work place. Luckily when I warmed up and took off the orange cardigan, my outfit was far more toned down and office appropriate. The best part was that when I got home that night, I realized I had brought 4 other cardigans with me that I could have worn. I DO love my cardigans. Also, see my earlier post for the full outfit with the orange cardigan.


Shirt: Banana Republic, $18
Pants: The Gap, $35
Shoes: Seychelles via Nordstrom's, $55
Cardigan: Eileen Fisher, $40









SATURDAY!




Saturday I had a bevy of things to do. I went to work for a few hours to ensure my coming week was not as crazy as my past week. I saw "The Help" with my parents, and I met up with friends for drinks. This outfit transferred nicely for all of those purposes. It was low key, but it wasn't sloppy. I really like the detailing on the outer purple tank. It makes the shirt interesting but not too flashy. I found this top on super sale at the J. Crew outlet in Tilton, NH. Unfortunately, its a really low cut so most days I wear a tank under it. Because the shirt is pretty voluminous, I paired it with my skinny cropped cords. During the day I wore my reefs, and at night I threw on some heels to make the outfit more bar appropriate. I also threw on a cardigan over it to keep warm at my desk during the day.

Purple Tank: J. Crew, $13
Teal Tank: The Gap, $7
Pants: The Gap, $35
Shoes: Reefs, $10
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my bro









SUNDAY!

Today was my last day at the Casa de Claw and I lay out by their pool while my sheets were in the laundry and the dishwasher ran.

As a swimmer I own about a million swimsuits. My favorite by far come from J. Crew. I recently bought this red one to swim laps in, but it was such a nice day today that I broke it out to sunbathe in. To cover it up, I threw on my boyfriend shorts from The Gap and a basic tank, also from the gap. No shoes needed.


Swimsuit: J. Crew, $30
Shorts: The Gap, $20
Tank: The Gap, $5
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my bro

Don't be too jealous of my housesitting heaven I had to go to work again today! And I did have to put on shoes for that!



No comments:

Post a Comment