Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Week Sans Color: Wednesday












The irony of my week without color is that it has actually been a really warm week in the Bay Area. Which means this of all weeks would have been the week to do all color challenges. However, I have actually also had a cold all week, so staying layered and warm has been a must as well. I was really excited to wear this outfit this week. I really like how the detailing on the cardigan, dress and shoes play off of each other without being colorful. I thought that the vertical detailing on the front of the dress played off the horizontal stripes on the black and white cardigan really nicely. I also like how the copper ribbon flats had enough going on to hold their own again the busy tops. Overall, I didn't feel like this outfit needed color to be interesting. The pieces and their details spoke loudly enough! Which is good because my voice was basically gone . . . .























Dress: J. Crew via Maribel, $35
Cardigan: Maribel, gifted from my marm
Shoes: Lucky Penny via Anthropologie, $60









No comments:

Post a Comment