Monday, August 22, 2011

My Week Sans Color: Monday












I was talking to my cousin last week about how I thought an interesting challenge for me would be to not wear color to work. To stick to black, white, gray and brown. My cousin very promptly pointed out that for most other people the push is always to add color into their wardrobe, not take it out. So I decided to take on the challenge and attempt to go a week at work without color.

I started my work week without color with my black and white printed Boden dress with my mother's gray short sleeved sweater over it. I actually wore this sweater over my purple version of this dress a few weeks ago, so I knew the shape of the sweater and dress went well together.



I think this outfit was saved from being boring by the large pattern on the dress. Even though the colors are muted, the pattern most definitely is not! To finish off my outfit I wore my black bow peep toes. They are super comfy, but also not boring. And certainly work appropriate. In keeping with my them of no color I even wore my black earrings. I didn't go so far as to replace my red gingham sunglasses though. I have to have some boundaries!


















Dress: Boden, $50
Sweater: The Gap, borrowed from my marm
Shoes: BR, $90
Earrings: Urban Indigo, gift from my marm
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes from my bro













No comments:

Post a Comment