Monday, August 22, 2011

One Year in NYC!!





Hello Everyone!

Today marks my first year anniversary in NYC! It has been a very fast year and the start for a new year of NYC styling and fashion finds!

So today I have my job and some errands after work before heading home to have an apartment dinner. I decided to put a task upon me this week and wear a vintage/consignment top or bottom everyday this week. Whether it is a dress, or otherwise, I must make it consignment/vintage!

Vintage can seem like it has an old feeling or dated but the point is to mix and match with other items to make it current as well as reflecting your style. I hope I show that to you all this week!

Today I am wearing my consignment skirt from my favorite store Boomerangs in Jamaica Plain. It is an Ann Taylor red skirt and I love it for the color and the cute buttons that it has instead of a zipper. I cinched it high on my waist with a gifted belt and the top is a nice t-shirt from Uniqlo via Cacherel.

For accessories I wanted some stand-out pieces so I chose my Mah Jong bracelets and HUGE earrings. You know your earrings are huge when you need to take them off to talk on the phone. I learned this rule from some amazing older ladies I use to work for. Also I am wearing my peep-toe wedges.

Tip of the Day: Never be afraid of a lengthy skirt. Wear it high with heels if your short or low with flat sandals if you are tall.

Outfit:
Top: Uniqlo ($20)
Skirt: Ann Taylor via Boomerangs ($5)
Shoes: Payless ($20)
Belt: Gift ($0)
Earrings: Flea Market ($5)
Bracelets: Urban Outfitters ($20 each)
Watch: Sprout ($20)

No comments:

Post a Comment