Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to the Grind: Monday





Hello everyone,

Again I apologize for my lack of posting last week. I hope to make up for it with some fabulous outfits this week!

I scored some major deals in Boston and I am very excited to show them off to you all.

Today is a pretty good day weather-wise but long in terms of me being out from 9am-9pm! I also decided that as Fall approached it is time to bust out some layering but with light fabrics because despite the September arrival there can be warm afternoons and no one is liking an outfit doused in sweat! I am wearing three different items with a striped pattern on them. The skirt underneath is a Jersey skirt from Express and I love the way it twirls and makes a dramatic effect. For the top I chose a basic blue and back striped tank-top and for the dress I chose a gauzy summer throw-over dress belted to show off the waist and bring structure to all the flowy items.

For accessories I went basic with a found beaded necklace, a gifted star necklace, a blue sash for my belt, my ever-important Sprout watch, and my Payless wedges.

Happy Monday all!

Tip of the Day: Stripes can work for an outfit depending on the strength (boldness) of the stripe and how they are used together. Try verticals with horizontals, small stripes with bold and wide ones!

Outfit:
Dress: H&M ($10)
Tank: Wet Seal: ($5)
Skirt: Express ($10)
Shoes: Payless ($20)
Watch: Sprout ($20)
Necklace (beaded): Found by my dad ($0)
Necklace (star pendant): Gift ($0)

No comments:

Post a Comment