Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding - Part V, The Engagement Party
















This weekend another round of wedding related events started up again. This time it was an engagement party for my brother and his lovely fiance! I actually bought this dress months ago when my brother and his fiance first got engaged even though we didn't know when the party was going to be. Its actually a Diane Von Furstenburg that I found on the sale rack at Maribel and loved from the moment I put it on. Sadly the pictures for this post do not do it justice. It has a really fun shape - with lots of volume that is great for twirling - two different patterns mixed in with the large black stripes. I loved loved loved how this dress looked with my teal pumps. Throughout the evening everybody complimented me on the shoes! Although the dress also got its fair share of love too. As the evening wore on I put on my faithful gray cardigan and a bright blue scarf that was actually a gift from my future sister in law. By the end of the night, I had to ditch the shoes. Thee is only so much my toes can take. Overall I really liked how dressy but fun this outfit was. It fit the occasion and it was comfortable.


















Dress: Dian Von Furstenburg, $47 (I had some credits at Maribel that contributed to this awesome price)
Shoes: Seychelles via Nordstrom, $55
Cardigan: The Gap, $15
Scarf: Gift from my future sister in law

Congrats again J&K!

No comments:

Post a Comment