Sunday, September 25, 2011

Something Old, Something New


I initially grabbed this sweater for the cute bow detailing.  The color I will admit is an odd one.
I loved the way the patterns and colors came together with the shirt, sweater, socks, shoes and scarf combo.
Today I broke out another one of my finds from Maribel yesterday: this green short sleeved sweater.  I actually grabbed this sweater at Maribel and loved it when I put it on, and then my mother also loved it when she put it on . . . . so its something to be shared in the future.  But I got to take it out for its premiere today.  This morning it was cold and overcast so I wore my new sweater over my navy striped shirt that I got from Target in college.  I really liked how the pieces go together.  The weather was really weird today, overcast in the morning, then humid, and finally the sun broke through.  Luckily this combo was the right weight for most of it.  I paired my tops with my basic gap blue jeans and my ribbon shoes.  To keep my toes warm I borrowed my marm's striped wool socks.  I discovered last winter that these socks looked good in these shoes (not awful as I was expecting) and enjoy wearing these socks and shoes together when the occasions present themselves.  At various points in the day I had different jackets on and even my scarf.  The weather was odd, but the outfit was just right.
Sweater: J. Crew via Maribel, $25   Shirt: Proenza Shuler for Target, $16  Jeans: The Gap, $35   Shoes: Lucky Penny via Anthro, $60  Socks: Borrowed from my Marm   Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my bro   Scarf: Gift from my parents

No comments:

Post a Comment