Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Balance




It has been a warm couple of days in the Bay Area (Hello Indian summer and WELCOME) so I decided to break out a new skirt that I have had for a few weeks but I have yet to wear.  I got this skit on sale at Boden and while I really like the shape and color, its only borderline work appropriate.  I actually often feel this way about things I wear to work, so I am constantly trying to balance my colorful, playful, and whimsical pieces with more traditional pieces to hit the right tone.  Today to balance out the skirts vibrant color and patter I paired it with a simple black bow tee (sadly you can't see the bow) and nude flats.  The skirt is on the shorter side, so the flats were a must.  Also I like how then I didn't have to try to match or coordinate with the skirt.  Overall I liked my outfit today and look forward to playing around with this skirt more in the future!


Skirt: Boden, $23  Shirt: The Gap, gifted     Shoes: Country Road, $60 AU   Earrings: Urban Indigo, gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment