Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lace Print Thursday!













































Today I broke out a dress that I think pushes the boundary between what is appropriate work wear and what is not. It is a lace print dress that I bought over a year ago at Target. It was part of the Rodarte for Target line. I really like the shape and pattern on the dress, but I didn't want to look like I was going to work in a party dress. I think the fact that the dress itself is neutral helps play down the party dress feel. I also tried to pair it with more conservative pieces to give it a work vibe.






















I paired my lace print dress with my green belt, my sling back Stuart Weitzman's and my mother's purple sweater blazer. I thought the sweater especially gave the outfit a more structured feel. It also added a splash of color to my otherwise pretty neutral ensemble. I also felt like it paired down the large print of my dress by only allowing it to poke out from under the blazer.



































Dress: Rodarte for Target, $35
Belt: Jeremy's, $20
Sweater: Eileen Fisher, borrowed from my Marm
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, gifted from my Coolest A!
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my brother

Happy Thursday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment