Thursday, June 2, 2011

A breath of fresh (cool) air

The heat-wave has lifted its wearied head and (hopefully) headed out of the East Coast for awhile. After the swelter I wanted to wear something light and then add a little cardigan/jacket to stave off the cooler winds and night-time temperatures.


Today I am wearing an Ikat-style print dress with a basic white cardigan over it. I love the print of this dress and got it for a serious deal at Urban a few years back. It is comfortable so when I am working at the library, taking a walk, or dancing with my friends tonight I will not have to worry/even think about my dress. For jewelry I kept it simple with a long beaded necklace with a leaf pendant and a pearl necklace I was given by a friend of mine. For shoes I wanted to wear something with a little heel but would remain comfortable all day, so I chose my yellow wedges as the finishing of the outfit.



Happy Thursday! It is almost the end of the week and a WEEK until I turn 26!

Tip of the Day: Wear a great print dress but tone it down with a basic blazer or cardigan.

Outfit:
Dress: Urban Outfitters ($10)
Cardigan:H&M ($10)
Shoes: Payless ($10)
Jewelry: made by me, gifts ($0)

No comments:

Post a Comment