Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Rainy Beach Weekend!

SUNDAY!

This weekend I went down the CA coast to Santa Cruz to visit my friend Merm and train for our upcoming swim from Alcatraz. Unfortunately it was rainy and overcast most of the time, but that didn't stop us from having a great time!

Today I broke out what I usually wear as a party top. I love the asymmetrical neckline and color. The odd thing about it is that its actually wool. Its a wool one shouldered top . . . and I love it and all its randomness. Most of the time I wear it with a strapless bra to really show off the neckline, but this time I decide to let my bright blue bra strap shine.













Even though the purple top is wool, it was still chilly willy so I threw on my brown cardigan over it to stay warm. I really like the asymmetrical neckline created by the two pieces together.


I paired my tops with my new Gap jeans and my reefs. Santa Cruz is super casual, so flip flops are pretty de riguer. Also, the lovely merm and I went to get pedicures this morning, which means the flips were a must.




Sweater Top: Banana Republic, $12
Cardigan: J. Crew via Maribel, $40
Jeans: The Gap, $22
Shoes: Reefs, $10



Happy End of the Weekend All!






SATURDAY!




On Saturday I was headed down to Santa Cruz to visit the Merm. I wanted to look cute, but had about an hour and half drive ahead of me, so I wanted to be comfortable as well. It was beyond rainy on Saturday, so I also had to dress appropriately for that.













I decided to wear my Dansko clogs to combat the rain, but wanted to make sure the rest of my outfit was cute. I mixed my patterns by wearing my Ikat print shirt with a black and white patterned scarf. I really like the combo of the two patterns.

Because of the weather naturally I had to put a cardigan on over my sleeveless top, so I went with my basic brown cardigan. Its cashmere and SO snuggly.








Shirt: Anthropologie, $20
Cardigan: J. Crew via Maribel, $40
Jeans: The Gap, $22
Dansko Clogs: $100 (the best)
Scarf: Christmas gift from my parents.
Headband: Anthropologie, $12 (half a six pack split with my friend Starfish)

Princess Fiona got in on the picture taking action by melting in my lap! She's definitely warm on a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment