Friday, June 3, 2011

My Very Formal to Very Casual Day - Part 1, The Formal Part

Today I had a big lunch thing to do, and the attire was business attire. In general this means a suit or the equivalent. Because of the nature of the event I thought I didn't have to actually wear a suit and therefore put together this very formal but with a funky side outfit.

This is actually a jacket that I bought for my mother last year for her birthday from Anthropologie. I love the color and the detailing on the jacket but also appreciated that it was age appropriate for my marm who is in her 60s.









Under the jacket I wore my got to black target sheath dress. I love this dress for its versatility.




To keep my look formal and appropriate I wore my opaque black tights and low heel slingback Stuart Weitzmans. This gave me a nice covered up and formal look without look dowdy.










Jacket: Anthropologie, $30, borrowed from my marm
Dress: Target, $24
Tights: Banana Republic, $5
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, gifted from my Coolest!

Happy Friday Part 1 all!

No comments:

Post a Comment