Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Mad Men Tuesday!

Today was another beautiful day in SF, so I took advantage of the weather and wore one of my favorite dresses. This is a dress that I got on sale at Banana Republic when they had a Man Men themed line. I love the vintage feel of this dress. The only downside is that because I got it on sale, its actually a petite dress, which means its pretty darn short. Flats are a must with this dress in order for it to b work appropriate.










Usually when I wear it in the winter I wear it with opaque black tights to try to disguise how short it is. In the winter I also tend to wear it over a long sleeved crew neck black shirt. However, since it almost summer today I wore it over a black tank, and upped the color factor by wearing my cobalt blue cardigan with it.







The dress is actually sleeveless, to the cardigan at the office for the most part is a must. As is the tank. Because of how the dress was cut, there is no way to wear this dress without something under it.

Overall, I love the shape and the pattern of this dress and have fun playing with it.






Today I also threw on a thick black belt today to add some more shape to this dress. I really like the volume of the belt on this dress. I felt like even though the dress is pretty small, the belt made it look more formal for the work place.


Dress: Banana Republic, $22
Belt: Banana Republic, $20
Cardigan: The Gap, $35
Shoes: Steve Madden, $25



Happy Tuesday Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment