Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Neutral Day (part II)

Today was another hot day in SF. And if the heat in SF wasn't rare enough, I had a neutral day. Unlike my previous neutral day, this one was intentional.

I chose this neturalish outfit today because the light skirt and top seemed appropriate for the summer heat. I really liked how the light pink top and cream and light brown skirt went with each other. To keep myself warm at my desk, I wore my brown cardigan.











I bought this skirt a few years ago when oragami detailing was very in style. I really like the detailing of the pattern on the silk and the folds of the skirt. I think they contrast really nicely together. I also like how these two things picked up the puckering on the fabric of the top.














I could have paired my neutral top and bottom with a brighter cardigan, but I liked how toned down this outfit was. It was focused on the shape of the clothing and the patterns in the fabric, not the colors. To finish off my outfit, I wore my Jeffrey Campbell metallic flats. I liked how they were metallic but still pretty neutral.

Top: The Gap, $13
Skirt: Banana Republic, $20
Cardigan: J. Crew via Maribel, $40
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell via Ambience, $45

Happy Tuesday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment