Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Showing off my stripes!

I loved this striped top at the Gap from the moment I saw it, and luckily I got one of the last ones on sale months after I first saw it. I love the colors and the stripe pattern. I wore it to work once before, but I didn't feel like I showed it off properly.


Today I remedied that problem by wearing a long sleeved black shirt under the striped top instead of putting a cardigan over it. This put the striped shell front and center where it always should have been.






To finish off my look I paired it with a black skirt and my ribbon flats. I had lunch with a friend today so I wanted to make sure that I was wearing shoes I could walk around in. Also, this skirt is on the shorter end, so I didn't want to cross the line and become work inappropriate.


Overall, I think this top finally did get to shine.




Striped Top: The Gap, $11
Long Sleeved Shirt: Old Navy, $3
Skirt: The Gap from when I was 16
Shoes: Anthropologie, $60
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my bro

No comments:

Post a Comment