Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Weather Wrecked Havoc on my Tuesday!


Today was a cold and rainy day in the Bay Area, which meant it felt more like January then almost July. Although the weather reports said that it was going to rain, I didn't realize that they actually meant torrential downpours. Luckily I wore pants and my warm jacket, but my choice of footwear was truly dumb in weather like this.

















Today I based my outfit around my skinny black cords. I knew that it was going to be cold and wet, but I didn't want to bother with tights, so it had to be pants. I paired my skinny pants with my printed silk tank from BR and my marm's cropped cardigan. I really liked how the fitted-ness of the cardigan and pants played off of the volume of the shirt.












I usually don't post pictures of me in my outerwear because its not usually central to my outfit. But the ridiculousness of wearing one of my real jackets and a scarf to work in June struck me as something that had to be shown! Yes it really was that cold today!
















I chose my purple flats to add more color to my outfit. During the middle of the day when I actually had to gout out I ended up putting on some super cheap flats that I leave at the office because it was raining so hard and I didn't want to ruin these. I also ended up rolling these pants over once I got back from lunch because they were soaked after my foray out of the office at lunch!




It was actually so dry and cold today that my contacts were literally falling out of my eyes, so mid-morning I switched to my glasses. I know! I couldn't believe it either.






















Jacket: Gift from my parents
Scarf: gift from my future sister in law
Top: Banana Republic, $13
Cardigan: The Gap, borrowed from my marm
Pants: J. Crew, $40
Shoes: Nine West, $40
Glasses: LaFont Allures


Happy Tuesday all! Hope you are warm and dry wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment