Thursday, May 5, 2011

Basking in the Sun!


It was another beautiful day in the Bay Area today. But it was also another work day, so I tried to balance my need to look appropriate at work with my desire to wear floaty skirts and play in the sun. Like so many of my mornings, when I put on the outfit I had planned around this skirt this morning it did not look right, so I changed the top and added the belt.




I bought this skirt from Anthropologie a while ago with the intention that it would be a work skirt. I figured the dark color would balance out the flirty shape and shorter hemline. When I wear this as a work skirt I always pair it with basic toned down shoes and shirts to make sure I don't look inappropriate at work.
















Today I paired the skirt with a black t-shirt with a bow detail (you saw its gray twin last week), a large black belt to cover the elastic waist band, and my copper colored ribbon flats. Although all of the pieces are pretty basic, I like the detailing on all of them. The bow on the shirt, the two tiers on the skirt (and it has pockets), and the ribbon and pattern on the shoes. All in all today I felt young and spring like, but did not feel like I was under dressed for the ofice.




Today my clothes came from all of my usual suspects -

Shirt: The Gap, gift from my parents
Belt: Banana Republic, $40
Skirt: Odille via Anthropologie, $20
Shoes: Anthropologie, $60
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gifts from my bro


Happy Flirty Skirt Thursday Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment