Saturday, May 21, 2011

Casual yet Sophisticated Friday?



Yesterday was another casual Friday at work. But there was a twist. Our clients were in the building, so I even though I didn't have to dress up instead of go casual, I wanted to make sure that my causual look was more sleek and sophisticated then my usual funky casual style so I would give the right impression if I met the clients.







I didn't want to sacrifice color or shape to be more appropriate, so I borrowed this purple wool blazer/sweater from my marmee. I really liked the color and shape of this sweater as well as the button detail. because of the bold color and cut of the sweater I paired it with my basic white tank and dark jeans. The tank is a nice structured tank, which I though went nicely with the tailored jacket.

For my shoes I went for my low heeled bow tow peep toes from Banana Republic. They made my outfit more dressed up then if I had just worn flats, but they are still conservative. They are also easy to go up and down the stairs at work a million times like I did.



Overall I did feel like my outfit gave off a young
and laid back vibe without looking inappropriate. The cats certainly approved! Not only did the precious darlings (Wendy and Fiona) hang out during my photo shoot yesterday, but our Neighbors cats the Romans (Romulus and Remus) came to visit too! I felt very popular.























Blazer: Eileen Fisher, borrowed from my marmee
Tank: Banana Republic, $7
Jeans: American Eagle, gift from Stormy Normy
Shoes: Banana Republic, $90 (totally worth the $)
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my bro.

Cats: Fiona and Remus

Happy belated Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment