Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It Speaks for Itself!


Ever since I bought this dress, every time I wanted to wear it, the weather turned nasty. This is true even of the cold morning yesterday. So when I awoke to the sunshine this morning I thought, FINALLY!

I bought this dress on sale from Boden for more then I usually pay for my dresses because I figured it could be worn for so many purposes. That was months ago and its only its second wear. Still I am hopeful.



I love this dress for its simplicity and versatility. The cut fits me very well, and with its cap sleeves and to the knee hemline, its workplace and formal event appropriate. I decided to let this dress stand alone for the most part today. Normally I try to play with my clothes and give them a little extra zing, but this dress speaks for itself. Its color and cut need very little help.






I still threw on my striped cardigan for my morning commute to work and for when I got cold sitting at my desk all day, but I did not feel that the dress needed it (even though I think it went well over the dress and looked nice).

I also paired this dress with one of my few pairs of heeled sandals.



These sandals were a gift from my friend JK and her lovely mother. Lucky for me, they fit neither JK (her feetsies were too big) nor her lovely mother (her feet were too small), but were just right on me. These shoes are great not only for the vibrant purple color but also for the medium heel height. Even though they are very simple shoes, they are also very pretty on the foot.






Dress: Boden, $50
Sweater: Maribel, gift from my marm
Shoes: Steve Madden, gift from JK and her mother.


Happy warm weather Wednesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment