Monday, May 16, 2011

Not letting Rain rain on my fashion parade

Hello!


This week is going to be pretty gloomy, dark, and wet but that will not deter me from rocking colorful and fun outfits. I am excited to be back on the blog scene (despite having a very nice and relaxing weekend). Today is another day of patterns and layering because of the weather but because 90% of my closet is some sort of pattern. There are right ways and wrong ways to wear patterns and prints. I tend to do a mixture of right on and not so right on combinations but something to keep in mind is thinking about the colors in the prints, the sizes of the prints, and what you add to the rest of the outfit. When wearing lots of prints some aspects like tops or accessories need to be more basic so the focus will be on your fun print combos!


Today I am wearing a Petit Bateau white t-shirt as my basic top and a carnigan because it gets cold in the office. I choose my favorite grandpa long sweater because it has a subdued color palate and print, and goes well with my funky skirt.

From afar the skirt just looks like any short full skirt. But looking closely it has King Kong climbing up the Empire State Building. It is a rocking skirt and I love to wear when I want to spice up and add fun to an outfit.

For accessories I am wearing a jumble of layered necklaces, some given and some bought. My basic brown belt, red opaque tights, and basic purple flats from Target.

Tip of the Day: Love your prints and make a jumble of layered necklaces!

Outfit:
T-Shirt: Petit Bataeu (Free, a gift)
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters ($20)
Skirt: A Gift (from Jessica thanks!)
Tights: The Gap ($5)
Shoes: Target ($10)
Necklaces: From everywhere ($20)
Belt: Gift (Free)
Pin: Gift

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous skirt Miss P! You are totally right, its unexpected and wonderful. Take that rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt!! So cute and so you!

    ReplyDelete