Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cat and Mouse Tuesday!


This outfit was not what I had planned for today, but when I woke it up it was cloudy and cold. So I switched gears and threw this together. This morning I even had on teal tights, but I didn't put them back on after my swim this afternoon because the warm weather did arrive. Even though this was not the outfit I had planned I really liked it.



By far my favorite part of this outfit are my mouse flats. When I was studying abroad in Europe during my Junior year of college I first came across these flats. After a day of wandering the streets of Paris, I ended up wandering in the Galleries Lafayette, the old and famous high end malls. It was there that I first saw Marc Jacobs mouse shoes. Of course they were several hundred Euros and I couldn't afford them. When I found them last year in a consignment store and I had some birthday money from my grandmother, I went for them.




Because my outfit was paternless, I broke out a scarf to add even more color and some much needed pattern to my look. This is actually one of my mother's scarves that I bought her for her birthday two years ago. Its a print of houses on a canal, which you can never see when you wear it. Luckily it also has great colors in it.






I really liked how the toned down sweater and skirt played up the funky shoes and sweater today.







A little kitty love for the stone lion in the backyard.

Scarf: My mothers via Anthropologie, $19 (no joke)
Sweater: Banana Republic, $25
Skirt: Banana Republic, $15
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Kris, $100 (gift from my grammy)

Happy Tuesday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment