Monday, May 9, 2011

So What Do I Wear?


When I wake up in the morning, this is one of my burning questions if I had not had a eureka moment the night before and laid out my clothes then.

I always look at the weather, debate the temperature and whether I have the space to bring warm options in my purse (I always have the space). Then I think about the items I have - what I have worn a lot lately and what I have not touched, as well as interesting shoes and accessories. Today I started with pants and jewelry and switched gears.

To me searching and creating an outfit is so much fun, like when you color in a picture. As it becomes more and more defined the excitement grows - that is how I feel when I choose an outfit, or sometimes I take five minutes and run out the door.

Today it is sunny and going to be in the 70s. I have work and then the library to finish my FINAL paper of the semester. I am so close I can taste victory.


Today I am wearing a huge mixture of things. As my tops I am wearing a long sleeve Vera by Vera Wang shirt that my friend Emily gave me and a cheapie men's sweater vest as a belted long tunic top with the Gap's black leggings. For accessories I wanted to add some gold to the outfit so I am wearing two flea-market finds for necklaces and an Urban Outfitters leaf bracelet. I dug up some oldie but goodie t-strap sandals to bring the outfit to a close.

Tip of the Day: Layering is your friend, always!

Outfit:
Top underneath: Vera by Vera Wang (Free, Gift)
Top on top: Forever 21 ($9)
Legging/pants: The Gap ($17)
Shoes: Georges ($20)
Necklaces: Flea Markets ($10)
Bracelet: Urban Outfitters ($20)
Belt: H&M ($10)

No comments:

Post a Comment